Text Box: The Kellogg-Eddy House was built in 1808 by Captain Martin Kellogg                                                                                               for his son and his bride Mary Welles.  

	It is a typical New England two story Georgian style with full attic and basement. It has some Greek influences, a center entrance with an open pediment portico and Doric columns framing a leaded glass fanlight. Two inside chimneys serve the first floor parlors, adjoining rooms and one second floor chamber. A large cooking fireplace and oven are in the original kitchen area. Elaborate woodwork is inside and out (fluted fireplace pilasters, paneling, bow fat cupboards and outside window cornices). 

	The house remained in the Kellogg-Eddy family until it was sold in 1913 to E. Welles Eddy, a distant relative. In 1928 the house was carefully renovated and a Colonial Revival addition containing an enlarged dining room, kitchen, sun room and more bedrooms were added. Various sheds were removed and a three bay garage was erected. 

	In 1976 the Town of Newington purchased the house and farm for public use. West Meadow Cemetery is located on part of the former farm land.  The  Newington Historical Society & Trust, Inc. maintains its headquarters and several museum rooms containing many Newington artifacts in the house which is now known as the Kellogg-Eddy House & Museum.

 

 

 

 

Permanent Exhibits

           Meissen China

             Farm Tool Museum

             Period Appropriate Family and Formal Parlors

             Period Appropriate Chambers

 

Theme  Exhibits

             For each of our events, exhibits are changed to

             coincide with the program that is being

           presented. These artifacts are items that we

           have within our collection.

Exhibits

The Kellogg-Eddy & Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Museum Tours:  During All Public Events and by Appointment.

Text Box: Text Box:

 

679 Willard Avenue

Newington, Connecticut   06111

Phone:  (860) 666-7118

NGTNHeritage@aol.com

Kellogg-Eddy House & Museum

Newington

Historical

Society

Text Box:    The Kellogg-Eddy House & Museum                                   

offers a pleasant site for private or community events. 


Inquiries: Parks & Recreation Department 
131 Cedar Street
Newington, Connecticut 

Telephone:    860-665-8666

Rental Site